Beacon Falls’ favorite tradition is coming back — the 55th annual Beacon Hose Firemen’s Carnival is set for June 7-9, 2018!
We’re extraordinarily excited for this year’s event, which follows our two best years in the entire history of the carnival. An estimated 10,000 visitors have poured through our grounds in each of the last two years, and we’re hoping for the same turnout — and same great weather — this June.
In the coming months, we will have all sorts of information about the things we’ll be adding to this year’s carnival. We can promise you a couple of things right now:
- We’re thrilled to have our best entertainment lineup ever! Two of Connecticut’s premier country bands — the Hazzard County Band and Nashville Drive — will be playing on the weekend! Nashville Drive is lined up for Friday night, and Hazzard County is set for Saturday night.
- We’re working on a couple of additions to the menu, but we can guarantee we’ll be bringing back the hot lobster rolls that were a smash hit last year! Plus, we’ll have all your favorites — fried dough, sausage and peppers, seafood and a lot more. (Check out last year’s menu.)
- We know the lines last year got backed up at times Friday and Saturday, so we’re working on some ways to move along everybody a little quicker. We’ll be opening up a second line for the fried dough area, too.
- We’re aiming for a pretty sweet raffle … stay tuned.
- Hopefully we’ll match or surpass last year’s parade turnout! We had about 40 fire units from all over the entire state join us in 2017.
Alright, some quick items for you to find out more:
- DONATE: We’ll be sending our annual donation request letter in March, but we’ll be seeking donations from Beacon Falls residents and friends to help us offset the substantial costs of the event. If you’re interested in donating, please click here.
- SPONSOR: We’re lucky to have the support of more than 75 businesses and organizations who sponsor the carnival and help us maximize our fundraising potential. Sponsoring has its perks, too. If you’re interested in sponsoring, please click here.
- PARADE RSVP: Local fire departments, EMS units, veterans groups, firetruck collectors and local organizations are all welcome to enter our parade. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Lots more coming soon — but mark your calendars now!