Beacon Falls’ favorite tradition is coming back — the 56th annual Beacon Hose Firemen’s Carnival is set for June 13-15, 2019!
We’re extraordinarily excited for this year’s event, which will help us celebrate the 120th anniversary of our department. An estimated 10,000-12,000 visitors have poured through our grounds in each of the last three years, and we’re hoping for the same turnout — and same great weather — this June.
You know what’s back in 2019? Our enormous raffle with $17,000 IN CASH PRIZES, including a $10,000 GRAND PRIZE. Scroll down for more information, including how to buy your ticket.
We will continue to provide updates about this year’s event as June gets closer. Here are some early details:
- RAFFLE: For the second straight year, we’re giving away straight cash for our raffle prizes. There will be 25 cash prizes in all: a $10,000 grand prize, four more prizes of at least $1,000, and 20 prizes of $100. Tickets cost $20 each and are available at the firehouse, through Beacon Hose members, at our events (including the Easter Meat-O and the carnival), at local businesses, and by clicking here. (Please note: Online orders will include a convenience fee, and the online order form will be closed on Friday, June 14, at 11:59 p.m.) There are only 2,500 tickets available, and the drawing will be held Saturday, June 15 at 9:30 p.m. at the carnival.
- ENTERTAINMENT: We’re thrilled to have stepped up our live entertainment game in recent years, and we’re super excited for this year’s musical lineup. Connecticut’s premier country cover band, Hazzard County, will return Saturday night after absolutely blowing the place up last year. We’ve also got Just Below Me, a party jam band which spans a wide spectrum, for Friday night, and Jimi Jam and the Rehabs will return on Thursday. We might have some new tricks up our sleeves, too … stay tuned.
- FOOD: We’re still hammering out the details about this year’s menu, but expect some brand-new stuff over in the fried area (and maybe a special new treat in the seafood pit)! Plus, we’ll have all your favorites — lobster rolls, fried dough, sausage and peppers, seafood and a lot more. (Check out last year’s menu here.)
- PARADE: We had about 40 fire units from all over the entire state join us in 2018, making us the second-largest parade in the state behind only the CSFA Convention Parade. The parade will step off, as usual, at 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 15.
Alright, some quick items for you to find out more:
- DONATE: We’ll be sending out our annual donation letters to residents in early April. We’re still seeking donations from Beacon Falls residents and friends to help us offset the substantial costs of the event. If you’re interested in donating, please click here.
- SPONSOR: We’re lucky to have the support of more than 75 businesses and organizations who sponsor the carnival and help us maximize our fundraising potential. Sponsoring has its perks, too. If you’re interested in sponsoring, please click here.
- PARADE RSVP: Local fire departments, EMS units, veterans groups, firetruck collectors and local organizations are all welcome to enter our parade. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Thanks for your support, and stay tuned for more info!