Update: Thanks for your support!
It’s time for the return of Beacon Hose’s annual scavenger hunt!
The Beacon Hose “Kickin’ It Old School” Scavenger Hunt is set for Saturday, October 24, from 3:15-8:30 p.m. The hunt begins and ends at Beacon Hose, and we’ll have food (to-go this year, thanks to COVID-19) and prizes at stake. Here’s the key information, including our modifications to this year’s event to keep everyone safe during the pandemic:
- The entry fee is $20 per player (which goes toward our fundraiser, costs of planning the hunt, food, and prizes).
- Teams can consist of as many players as you can LEGALLY fit into ONE vehicle. Drivers must obey all rules of the road.
- You’ll need a team captain and a team name (the name can be chosen now or at day-of registration).
- If all team members dress up as a team theme (which is modeled after your team name), you’ll get extra points. Remember, this year’s overall scavenger hunt theme is “Kickin’ It Old School” — make it a throwback!
- The scavenger hunt will take teams through the Naugatuck Valley — towns may include Beacon Falls, Naugatuck, Oxford, Seymour, Ansonia, Derby, and Prospect.
- All the additional rules and your scavenger hunt list will be provided when the competition begins. Please arrive at the firehouse by 3:15 p.m. to register, sign in your entire team, get your to-go food bags, and finally receive your clues. The hunt will begin at 4 p.m. sharp, and all teams must be back at the firehouse by 8 p.m. sharp!
- Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, we will only allow ONE team captain from each team to enter the firehouse for registration, payment, and check-in. Check-in will be different this year as most submissions will be in photo or video form (except the trinkets you’ll pick up at each secret location). Teams must exercise social distancing between other teams and all players should have masks when needed.
We ask that team captains pre-register their teams by using the form below or by messaging us on Facebook. We will limit the field to the first 24 teams, so don’t wait to sign up! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via our website or Facebook page.