Beacon Hose will host its annual parade on Saturday, October 16, 2021 — our first-ever fall parade — with a 4 p.m. step-off on Main Street in Beacon Falls. All fire departments, ambulance corps, and local organizations are invited to participate in one of Beacon Falls’ most famous traditions — one that started back in 1963.
Judging will be done by the Connecticut Parade Marshals Association (except for the categories marked by an asterisk). Trophies we expect to award include:
- Major Awards: Best Overall Fire Unit, Best Appearing Apparatus
- Apparatus Awards: Best Antique (Motorized), Best Antique (Hand-Drawn), Best Aerial, Best Commercial Pumper, Best Custom Pumper, Best Tanker, Best Engine Tanker, Best Rescue, Best Brush Truck, Best Ambulance
- Marching Awards: Best Appearing in Coats, Best Appearing in Shirts, Best Appearing (15 or Fewer), Best without Music, Most Firefighters in Line, Best Appearing Ladies Auxiliary, Best Appearing Junior Corps
- Color Guard Awards: Best Appearing Color Guard in Coats, Best Appearing Color Guard in Shirts
- Music Awards: Best Musical Unit*, First Runner-Up Musical Unit*
- Miscellaneous Awards: Unit Traveling the Longest Distance, Chief Ted Smith Bologna Sandwich Host’s Choice*
Find results from our recent parades below:
2020: Parade cancelled
2019: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2018: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2017: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2016: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2015: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2014: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2013: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2012: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
2011: Trophies | Trucks | Marching
Departments and organizations that want to RSVP for this year’s parade can do so by filling out the form below. Click here to see the parade route, which is less than a mile from the beginning of the lineup to the bullpen area. We invite fellow department members to join us in our bullpen after the parade for our famous tradition of beers and bologna sandwiches. Awards will be awarded at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Contact parade marshal Cal Brennan at 203-598-8827 or carnival chairman Kyle Brennan at 203-490-8929 with any questions or requests for special accommodations. We hope to see you in October!