UPDATE: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Beacon Falls’ favorite tradition is coming back — the 55th annual Beacon Hose Firemen’s Carnival is set for June 7-9, 2018!
We’re extraordinarily excited for this year’s event, which follows our two best years in the entire history of the carnival. An estimated 10,000-12,000 visitors have poured through our grounds in each of the last two years, and we’re hoping for the same turnout — and same great weather — this June.
The big addition for 2018? An enormous raffle with $17,000 IN CASH PRIZES, including a $10,000 GRAND PRIZE. Scroll down for more information, including how to buy your ticket.
We will continue to provide updates about this year’s event as June gets closer. Here are some early details:
- RAFFLE: For the first time ever, we’re giving away straight cash for our raffle prizes. There will be 25 cash prizes in all: a $10,000 grand prize, four more prizes of at least $1,000, and 20 prizes of $100. There’s also a 26th prize of 10 tickets to the Hartford Yard Goats’ game on June 25. Tickets cost $20 each and are available at the firehouse, through Beacon Hose members, at our events (including the carnival), and by clicking here. (Please note: Online orders will include a convenience fee, and the online order form will be closed on Friday, June 8, at 11:59 p.m.) There are only 2,500 tickets available, and the drawing will be held June 9 at 9:30 p.m. at the carnival.
- ENTERTAINMENT: We’re thrilled to have our best entertainment lineup ever! Two of Connecticut’s premier country bands — the Hazzard County Band and Nashville Drive — will be playing on the weekend! Nashville Drive is lined up for Friday night, and Hazzard County is set for Saturday night. We’ll also have Jimi Jam and the Rehabs playing Thursday, along with Jeff Kean’s annual trivia competition.
- FOOD: We’re bringing back the old favorite of steak and cheese, plus adding mozzarella sticks and hot pretzels! Plus, we’ll have all your favorites — lobster rolls, fried dough, sausage and peppers, seafood and a lot more. (Check out last year’s menu here.)
- PARADE: We’re currently scheduled to have 45 units join us for the parade on Saturday night! We had about 40 fire units from all over the entire state join us in 2017.
Alright, some quick items for you to find out more:
- DONATE: We sent our annual donation letters in March. We’re still seeking donations from Beacon Falls residents and friends to help us offset the substantial costs of the event. If you’re interested in donating, please click here.
- SPONSOR: We’re lucky to have the support of more than 75 businesses and organizations who sponsor the carnival and help us maximize our fundraising potential. Sponsoring has its perks, too. If you’re interested in sponsoring, please click here.
- PARADE RSVP: Local fire departments, EMS units, veterans groups, firetruck collectors and local organizations are all welcome to enter our parade. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Thanks for your support!