UPDATE: Thanks for your support!
Beacon Falls’ biggest party is coming back to the summer — the 59th annual Beacon Hose Firemen’s Carnival is set for June 29-July 1, 2023!
We’re extraordinarily excited for this year’s event, which will be the first summertime carnival we’ve had since 2019. We hope you can join us!
You know what’s also back in 2023? Our enormous raffle with $17,000 IN CASH PRIZES, including a $10,000 GRAND PRIZE. Scroll down for more information, including how to buy your ticket.
We will continue to provide updates about this year’s event as it gets closer. Here are some early details:
- RAFFLE: Once again, we’re giving away straight cash for our raffle prizes. There will be 25 cash prizes in all: a $10,000 grand prize, a $2,000 second prize, three more prizes of $1,000, and 20 prizes of $100. Tickets cost $20 each and are available at the firehouse, through Beacon Hose members, at local businesses (including Gabe’s Automotive), and by clicking here. (Please note: Online orders will include a convenience fee, and the online order form will be closed on Friday, June 30, at 11:59 p.m., or earlier if tickets sell out) There are only 2,500 tickets available, and the drawing will be held Saturday, July 1 at 8:30 p.m. at the carnival.
- ENTERTAINMENT: We’ve got some great shows lined up on our Ion Bank Main Street Stage and our Riverview Backstage! On Thursday night, two solo acts — Beacon Falls’ Noah Rodorigo and Oxford’s Ashley Carpp — will kick it off on the Main Street Stage. On Friday night, we welcome back Beacon Falls’ own By All Means to the Main Street Stage, while Noah Rodorigo heads back to the Riverview Backstage. After the parade on Saturday night, our old friends from Hazzard County will be back to light up the Main Street Stage.
- FOOD: We’ll have all your carnival favorites, from fried dough to seafood and everything in between! Check out the 2023 menu.
- RIDES: Marenna Amusements has some great carnival rides on our grounds — as always, ride wristbands will be available each night!
- DUNK TANK: On Thursday and Friday night, the Woodland Junior Hawks will run the dunk tank as a fundraiser for the local youth football and cheerleading program. On Saturday night, the Woodland football booster club will be running the dunk tank as the Hawks prepare for the upcoming season!
- PARADE: Our parade returns with more than 30 fire departments from throughout Connecticut set to join. It’ll step off July 1 at 5 p.m. at South Main Street and Bethany Road before continuing past the firehouse. Click here for more information about the route, and click here to see the road closures and detours.
Alright, some quick items for you to find out more:
- DONATE: We sent out our annual donation letters to residents in April. We still seeking donations from Beacon Falls residents and friends to help us offset the substantial costs of the event. If you’re interested in donating, please click here.
- SPONSOR: We’re lucky to have the support of more than 75 businesses and organizations who sponsor the carnival and help us maximize our fundraising potential. Sponsoring has its perks, too. If you’re interested in sponsoring, please click here. The deadline to make our signage is Wednesday, June 21.
- MERCH: We will have our annual carnival T-shirts on sale throughout the event … check out the sweet design below! We’ll also have drinkware and previous carnival shirts on sale, too.
Thanks for your support — we’re looking forward to kicking off the summer with you!