Beacon Hose was dispatched Monday, Dec. 21, at 12:09 p.m. to a home on Cook Lane for the report of a dryer fire.
Upon arrival, Chief Jim Trzaski noticed smoke showing from the rear porch. Upon investigation, fire was found in the first-floor laundry room. The response was upgraded to a working structure fire.
Mutual aid from Naugatuck Fire Department’s Ladder 1 and Citizens’ Engine Co. No. 2’s Engine 11 were also dispatched to the scene. Beacon Hose’s Engine 3 was the first apparatus on scene with a four-man crew.
The first crew deployed a 1 3/4-inch line into the home. The fire was contained to the room of origin and was knocked down within approximately five minutes. Although the fire was contained to the room of origin, there was considerable smoke damage to the dwelling and the homeowner was temporarily displaced.
Beacon Hose’s Engine 1, Rescue 4 and BH-7 also responded with a total crew of 18 members. Crews remained on scene for ventilation and overhaul, and the dryer was removed from the home. All units were back at headquarters by 1:20 p.m.