Beacon Falls’ favorite tradition is coming back after we missed a year — the 57th annual Beacon Hose Firemen’s Carnival is set for October 15-17, 2021!
We’re extraordinarily excited for this year’s event, which will be the first one we’ve ever held during the fall. We hope you can join us as we celebrate a return to normalcy!
You know what’s also back in 2021? Our enormous raffle with $17,000 IN CASH PRIZES, including a $10,000 GRAND PRIZE. Scroll down for more information, including how to buy your ticket.
We will continue to provide updates about this year’s event as October gets closer. Here are some early details:
- RAFFLE: Once again, we’re giving away straight cash for our raffle prizes. There will be 25 cash prizes in all: a $10,000 grand prize, a $2,000 second prize, three more prizes of $1,000, and 20 prizes of $100. Tickets cost $20 each and are available at the firehouse, through Beacon Hose members, at local businesses (the River’s Edge Pub & Grille and Gabe’s Service Station), and by clicking here. (Please note: Online orders will include a convenience fee, and the online order form will be closed on Saturday, October 16, at 11:59 p.m.) There are only 2,500 tickets available, and the drawing will be held Sunday, October 17, at 4 p.m. at the carnival.
- ENTERTAINMENT: We’ve got some great shows lined up on our Ion Bank Main Street Stage and our Riverview Backstage. Connecticut’s premier country cover band, Hazzard County, will return Saturday night to what they always say is one of their favorite gigs of the year. We’ve also got Just Below Me, a party jam band which spans a wide spectrum, for Friday night, and we’ll have the debut of J-Rod Radio Live with our own Jeremy Rodorigo on Sunday. We will also be announcing shows for the weekend on the Riverview Backstage.
- FOOD: In addition to all your classic carnival favorites, we’ll have a few new items to give our first-ever fall carnival an Octoberfest feel — more info to come! Plus, we’ll be bringing back the hit Lobster Bomb that debuted in 2019! Check out the full menu and prices from 2019.
- PARADE: About 40 fire units from all over the state join us on a regular basis, making us one of the largest parades in the state. The parade will step off at 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 16.
- MOBILE APP: It’s 2021, so it’s time that the carnival got its very own mobile app! Download the Grandstand app via the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Our app includes an event map, schedules, food and drink info, news about shows, sponsors, and live alerts throughout the carnival.
Alright, some quick items for you to find out more:
- DONATE: We’re sending out our annual donation letters to residents in July. We’re still seeking donations from Beacon Falls residents and friends to help us offset the substantial costs of the event. If you’re interested in donating, please click here.
- SPONSOR: We’re lucky to have the support of more than 75 businesses and organizations who sponsor the carnival and help us maximize our fundraising potential. Sponsoring has its perks, too. If you’re interested in sponsoring, please click here.
- PARADE RSVP: Local fire departments, EMS units, veterans groups, firetruck collectors, and local organizations are all welcome to enter our parade. Please RSVP by clicking here.
Thanks for your support, and stay tuned for more info!